A handful of pearl onions (150g)
1 clove of garlic
A glug of olive oil
8 pork sausages
A few rashers of smoked bacon
1 tbsp of dark brown sugar
1 tbsp of cider vinegar
3 tbsp of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
2 tbsp of plain flour
A bottle of cider (500ml)
Chicken stock (250ml)
2 bay leaves
A few sprigs of thyme
A handful of potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1cm thick pieces
A tin of butter beans (400g)
- Serves: 4
- Wash and slice the leek, then chop
- Peel and chop the onions and crush the garlic.
- Glug the oil into a deep saucepan, prick the sausages and place them in the hot oil, over a medium - high heat.
- Allow the sausages to brown slightly before adding the bacon, leek and pearl onions.
- Then add the garlic and toss everything together.
- Add the sugar, vinegar and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Scatter over the flour and coat everything in the pan, but avoid breaking the sausages.
- Pour in the cider and the chicken stock before heating to a simmer.
- Add the herbs and the sliced potatoes.
- Allow it to bubble for 40 minutes before adding the drained beans.
- Cook for another 15 minutes, then serve to your lucky guests.