Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Promotion commences on 01.08.15 and closes for receipt of entries, 23:59 on 01.11.15 (the “Promotional Period”).
2. Open to residents of the UK excluding Northern Ireland aged 18+, excluding employees and their immediate families of Heinz (the “Promoter”), its agents and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
3. To participate in the Heinz After School Heroes promotion:
i) Purchase one of the following promotional products during the promotional period:
a) Heinz Beans 4 pack 415g
b) Heinz Beans 50% less sugar 4 pack 415g
c) Heinz Spaghetti 4 pack 400g
d) Heinz Cream of Tomato 4 pack 400g
e) Heinz Tomato Ketchup 570g
f) Heinz Tomato Ketchup 50% less sugar 555g
and retain till receipt for online receipt for the product (as this will be required for prize verification)
ii) Visit www.heinzafterschoolheroes.co.uk and follow the entry procedure:
a) Enter your name, email address and telephone number
b) Select the retailer you purchased your Heinz Hero promotional pack from
c) Look for the barcode on the reverse of your Heinz Hero promotional pack
d) Enter the last 6 digits of the barcode in the website
e) Submit entry form
4. Entrants will be required to provide, name, address, D.O.B and email address. Telephone details will be required for entry into the final free prize. All personal information will only be used in conjunction with and for the purpose of this promotion. Personal information may be shared with Warner Brothers for the purposes of administering the promotion, however, not for any other communication
5. The 2,000 “winning moment” prizes are allocated randomly to predetermined winning moments via a secure, independently verified computer system. There is a minimum of 1 prize per day throughout the Promotional Period. The first entry received on, or after a randomly predetermined time (a “Winning Moment”) will win the prize. (E.g. a prize is allocated to 12.00 on the 21st September; the code entered closest following this time will win a prize). Winning Moments are queued if not triggered. If there is no entry made between one randomly predetermined Winning Moment and the next, the first entry will trigger the previous Winning Moment prize and the next entry will win the current Winning Moment prize. Prize notification is immediate via real time on the website.
6. Only 1 entry per valid code, per person with valid email per day. All other entries will be deleted.
7. Syndicated entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, a script or the use of automated devices or processes are not allowed and that person’s entry will be disqualified and any prize awards will be void. All entries must be made by the person entering the promotion.
8. The following prizes are available to be won:
- Instant win prizes are as follows:
- 1000 x Warner Brothers Goodie Bags worth a value of £50 (including: 1 x leather bag, 1 x headphone, 1 x DVD of the Super friends Brave and Bold serious, 1 x china mug, 1 x A4 or A5 notebook) Or;
- 1,000 x DC Super friends DVD
- Grand Prize Draw
- 1 x Holiday for a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children 16 or under) to Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA and Theme Park entrance tickets
- Return flights from London Heathrow to Los Angeles and night hotel stay with breakfast, self-drive car hire or return airport-hotel transfers and hotel-studio/park taxi transfers (at the winner’s option), VIP Warner Bros. Studio Tour or Six Flags Magic Mountain tickets
- Dates of travel must include a Saturday night, between 15th January & 15th December 2016, excluding UK & US national holidays.
- Prize is subject to availability with no cash alternative and is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- At least one person travelling must be 21 years or over.
- If any of the winning family are under 18 then his/her parent or guardian must also travel as part of the family of 4.
- The hire car driver must be 21 or over and possess a full and clean driving licence.
- Minimum age for the Warner Bros. Studio Tour is 8. Height and weight restrictions will apply to some rides at Six Flags Magic Mountain. No alternatives or refunds will be provided if members of the winning family cannot participate.
- Hotel is based on four people sharing one room.
- The hotel will take a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit on arrival of up to £150 per day to cover incidentals. In the instance where this is not possible a temporary charge will be placed on the card and will then be refunded on checking out (max 3 days to recharge). No cash deposits can be accepted.
- Winner and his/her guests are solely responsible for all other meals and expenses not specifically set forth herein.
- Winner and his/her guests must have valid passports for the duration of the trip and for any period following the trip as may be required by US customs or the applicable airline and applicable visas/permissions.
- Winner and his/her guest are responsible for registering with the US Visa Waiver programme: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov if applicable.
- Any potential winner and his/her proposed guests will be required to sign a prize acceptance and release form in order to be eligible to win and/or participate in the prize.
- All prize winners will be responsible for their own travel insurance.
Details as follows:
9. Only valid codes will be accepted. Manufacturer’s references do not constitute valid codes. The Promoter does not assume any responsibility for codes damaged or defaced in the way the product packaging is opened. If you cannot read your code due to a genuine printing error, please return the packaging to the Promoter at 26 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, EH12 5AL. Please include your name, email and full address details and a replacement code will be sent to you.
10. No cash or other alternative will be offered in whole or in part for any of the available prizes or gifts except, in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize or gift of equal or greater value.
11. The grand prize draw holiday winner will be notified by telephone, within 72 hours of the closing date of the promotion.
12. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination of these, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the promotion.
13. The Promoter’s decision will be final in all aspects of this promotion.
14. In the event of failure from the winner to claim or receive their prize, after reasonable attempts the Promoter to make contact (by telephone and email) within 28 days of first attempting to notify the winner, the Promoter reserves the right at its absolute discretion to withdraw prize entitlement and award that prize to a reserve winner selected at the same time as the original. In the case of the “Winning Moments” promotion, will be the next valid entry.
15. By entering, participants of the Promotion agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the Promotion, or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the terms and conditions.
16. All prize claims will be subject to verification. To the fullest extent allowed by law, the Promoter will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs or damage of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from accepting, using or misusing any Prize or from entering the promotion. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
17. The winners’ names and counties will be made available for a period of three months after the closing date by sending a Self-Addressed Envelope marked Heinz After School Heroes to 26 Palmerston Place, Edinburgh, EH12 5AL.
18. The winner may be asked to participate in related publicity. No additional compensation will be awarded for such promotional activities. We will ask for you written permission before you participate in related publicity.
19. In the event of exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions at any stage but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
20. The Promoter is not responsible for third party products or services included but not limited to Warner Brothers products and services. The Promoter reserves the right to verify any entrant details including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
21. Promoter: H.J. Heinz Foods UK Limited: Registered Office - South Building, Hayes Park, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 8AL (Registered Number- 08322668)
© 2015 H.J. Heinz Foods UK Limited. All Rights Reserved. Super Friends and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and ©DC Comics. TM & Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s15) [28 May 2015]