1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups Heinz Tomato Ketchup
2 cups vinegar
400-600g of pork slices
Vegetables - (whatever you wish, we use beansprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, mangettout, small corn cobs, peppers, onions and spring onions)
Garlic powder and other herbs (we use garlic, herbs and Chinese spices)
Soya sauce - a few splashes
- Serves: 4
- First do the sweet and sour sauce.
Start by pouring your Heinz Tomato Ketchup and then add vinegar. Mix until smooth, taste and if too vinegary add a bit more Heinz Tomato Ketchup, add sugars and mix until its a smooth sauce. Taste to make sure its sweet at first then sour. Add a sprinkling of all the herbs, then add a splash of soya. Take sauce and put into the fridge
- Next take the pork belly and fry up until the pork is brown. When done, take and set aside to cool. Take the sauce out of fridge, cut pork belly up, but be careful as the pork may still be hot. Once cut into chunks, add meat to the sauce and put aside for now
- Next take your vegetables and fry up in a wok until slightly brown. Add some of your choice spices and also a splash of soya. At the very end, add the sprouts as they don't take long to fry. When fried up, add sauce mixture now that this is done
- Simmer for ten minutes to mix the flavours together
- To dish up, add to a plate of rice or noodles on top. Enjoy!