1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
400g stewing steak, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 sprig fresh thyme
250ml ale of your choice
150ml beef stock
800g potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
A splash milk (optional)
- Serves: 2, or many many spoons!
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
1. In a large saucepan, fry the onion, carrot, steak and garlic in oil over a medium heat for a few minutes until browned.
2. Add the thyme, ale and beef stock and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce the heat to low for 1 hour.
3. Around 20 minutes before the steak is ready, put the potatoes on to boil.
4. Once cooked, drain the potatoes and mash. Add the mayo and splash of milk and mix well.
5. To finish the steak and ale, mix the cornflour with a little cold water then add to the saucepan. Simmer for a minute or two until thickened and luxurious.
6. Serve! Feel free to have some green vegetables on the side.