4 marinated octopus pieces
4 padron peppers
4 slices of chorizo
1 slice of lemon
1 smoked garlic clove (crushed)
1 pinch of Maldon Smoked Sea Salt Flakes
½ tsp sauce from a tin of chipotle in adobo sauce
- Serves: 4 seriously good spoonfuls
1. Pre-heat your barbecue or griddle pan (the pan should be hot enough that it’s uncomfortable to hold your hand a few inches away). If you’re worried the ingredients might slip through the gaps in a barbecue, skewer them for cooking.
2. Grill the padron peppers until they soften and char all over.
3. Grill the chorizo pieces until cooked through.
4. Grill the lemon slice until it has good char marks on both sides, then cut into four pieces.
5. Grill the octopus pieces until warmed through with some char marks.
6. Combine the mayonnaise, garlic, smoked salt and adobo sauce to make the aioli.
7. Assemble the grilled ingredients on a spoon (for best effect, let the tentacle spiral out off the side of the spoon) and top with the smoky aioli.