8 chicken thighs, de-boned, skinned and diced
Vegetable oil (100ml)
Soy sauce (100ml)
Red wine vinegar (100ml)
1 tsp of Dijon mustard
2 tbsp of Tomato Ketchup
2 tbsp brown sugar
New potatoes (500g)
Frozen peas (100g)
1 shallot, finely diced
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
A handful of fresh mint, torn up
A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Serves: 4
- Pour the vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and red wine vinegar into a large bowl.
- Add the mustard, ketchup and brown sugar.
- Place the chicken thigh pieces into the bowl and submerge in the marinade.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for a few hours, overnight is brilliant.
- Preheat an oven to 200°C.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes.
- Boil a pan of water, season with salt and add the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes, or until easy to pierce with a knife, then drain and cool a little.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and thread onto soaked wooden skewers.
- Lay on a grill tray and cook under a medium heat for approximately 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Pour the marinade into a frying pan over a high heat whilst the chicken cooks. Bubble until it becomes a loose syrup.
- Boil another small pan of salted water and cook the peas for 2 minutes, until bright green and floating.
- Drain the peas and refresh in cold water.
- Chuck the mayonnaise, diced shallot, lemon zest, olive oil, mint and parsley into a large bowl and mix.
- Add in the warm cooked potatoes and peas then toss everything together.
- Arrange the cooked chicken skewers on a board drizzled with the reduced marinade and serve with the potato salad on the side.