For the BBQ ribs
1 rack of pork ribs (900g)
2 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp of dark soft brown sugar
1 tbsp of smoked paprika
Generous pinch of cayenne pepper
Cider vinegar (50ml)
Tomato ketchup (100g)
3 tbsp of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
For the cabbage slaw
½ a red cabbage
1 large carrot
2 spring onions
1 tbsp of dark soft brown sugar
2 tbsp of yoghurt
1 tbsp of cider vinegar
1 tsp of Dijon mustard
2 tbsp of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- Serves: 2
- Preheat an oven to 160ºC.
- Add the honey, sugar, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper to a small saucepan and heat until everything is dissolved together.
- Pour in 100ml of water, the vinegar, tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and heat to a simmer.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper and place them into a deep roasting tray.
- Pour the marinade over the ribs and splash a cup of water into the base of the tray. Cover with foil.
- Place the ribs in the oven and cook for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove the foil, spoon the sauce in the tray over the ribs and add another 100ml of water if the marinade is too sticky.
- Increase the oven temperature to 180ºC and cook the ribs for another 20 minutes.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters length ways and slice finely before placing in a bowl.
- Peel the carrots and dice along with the spring onions.
- Throw all the coleslaw ingredients in with the cabbage and toss together.
- Serve the ribs with the coleslaw for an amazing meal!