4 chorizo cooking sausages, chopped (approx. 200g)
2 sticks celery, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tbsp. tomato puree
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tsp chilli flakes, or to taste
1 lemon, zested and juice of 1/2
1 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 can Beanz
200g kale, roughly chopped
Handful parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
1. Heat a small drizzle of oil in a large heavy bottomed pan and gently fry the chopped chorizo for around 3/4 minutes until they have browned and release their cooking juices.
2. Add the celery to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened. Then add the garlic, tomato puree, cumin, paprika, chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring well.
3. Add the lemon zest, tinned tomatoes, Beanz and 100ml of water
4. Season well and bring to the boil then add the kale and cook, covered, for 10 minutes until the kale has wilted.
5. Stir through the lemon juice and parsley before serving.