Did you know?
Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup celebrates its 100th birthday
In 2010 Heinz Cream of Tomato soup celebrated its 100th
birthday. The product was first sold in the UK in 1910 and has gone
on to become the nation's favourite soup. In the 100 years since
its introduction, Heinz has sold over 8.2 billion cans of its
iconic Cream of Tomato soup. To mark the landmark occasion a
commemorative label, based on the original 1910 design, was
sold as a limited edition throughout the month of October.
Here's some other information you may not know about Heinz
- The recipe of Heinz Cream of Tomato soup is top secret and uses
'specially selected tomatoes', maybe this is why it's celebrating
its 100th birthday this year.
- Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup has been voted as the nation's most
- We are continually testing our products with consumers to make
sure they are the best they can be. In blind taste tests
Heinz soup recipes beat all our competitors for taste and
preference, proving why we're the nations favourite soup.
- The Heinz Soup Factory at Kitt Green, produces over 1,600 cans
of soup every single minute...
- ...but if you thought that was a lot of soup, consider this; if
you stacked all the tins of Cream of Tomato soup Heinz has sold
since 1910 the pile would reach to the moon and back.