Did You Know?
Did you know this Heinz Beanz trivia:
- Between 1941 and 1948, the Ministry of Food did the nation a
favour by classifying baked beans as 'essential' in the rationing
- In 1898 Henry J Heinz set up an office in Farringdon Road
London, three years later the first can of Heinz Beanz was sold in
Fortnum & Mason.
- Sadly, Henry J never realised his dream of an international
company, he died in 1919, a few years before production began in
- The famous Beanz Meanz Heinz slogan was dreamt up by Maurice
Drake in 1967 and has been voted one of the best of all time.
- The Heinz Baked Bean Pizza was created in 1995 to celebrate the
centenary of Heinz Beanz.
- On the cover of The Who's 'The Who Sell Out' Roger Daltrey is
pictured in a bath full of beans holding a giant Heinz Baked Beans
- In 1998 Heinz Beanz was selected as one of the brands people
thought best represented the final ten years of the
- In 2005 Heinz Beanz had the honour of being voted 'Most Loved
Brand' by the British public.
- A serving of Heinz Beanz counts as 1 of your 5 day.
- Every Heinz bean passes a laser beam to ensure it meets our
exacting colour specifications.
- Heinz Beanz are exported to over 60 countries including Russia
- 2.3 milion people eat Heinz Beanz every day. This is
enough to fill Wembley Statium over 25 times! *
- There was a massive 842 million meals when Heinz Beanz were
eaten over the last year. *
- 1 million people have Heinz Beanz for their dinner every day.
- Every day over one million cans of Heinz Beanz are consumed in
the UK. That is approximately 485 million cans per year.
- On average, 475 delicious baked beans are packed into a
- Amazingly, we fill between 1.5 and 2.0 million cans of beans
* Source: TNS 52 weeks ending May 2009, Average 2
** Source: ACNielsen 52 weeks ending November