1 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 small green pepper, finely chopped
60g chorizo, diced
120g chicken, cooked and finely chopped
2 tsp chipotle paste
320g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp za’atar and extra for sprinkling
- Serves: 6
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- Cooking Time: 35 mins
- Over a medium heat, fry the onion, pepper and chorizo in a frying pan until golden and cooked, about 10 mins, then allow to cool.
- Stir the chicken through the chorizo mixture, along with 2 tbsp of Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise and the chipotle paste, then season.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Unroll the pastry and cut into 6 squares. Divide the filling equally between the squares and brush with water around the edge of the squares. Fold opposite corners together to make a triangle. Crimp the edges together by pressing down with a fork to seal the edges. Place on a lined baking sheet.
- Brush with the beaten egg, sprinkle with the za’atar, and using scissors, make three slits in each empanada to create steam holes. Bake for 25 mins.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 mins before serving with the remaining Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise sprinkled with the extra za’atar.