2 Slices of White Bread
200g Steak – I used Beef Medallion steak as it has no fat so easier for slicing!
Tsp Horseradish Sauce
1 Garlic Clove
Salt & Pepper for Seasoning
Handful of peppery baby leaf lettuce for garnishing
- Serves: 12 Bitesize Portions/ 2 Open Faced Sandwiches
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1. Spray the steak with oil, and season with salt and pepper
2. Heat a heavy bottomed frying pan or griddle until very hot. Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side depending on how thick your steak is. Ideally you want it cooked rare, but cook it for 3-4 minutes on each side for a more medium finish
3. Take the steak out of the pan and leave aside to rest
4. Cut the crusts off the bread, and toast, can be done in the toaster or under the grill
5. Once toasted spray with a little oil (or butter if you prefer) and rub the garlic clove over the bread.
6. Cut each slice into six even pieces, and place on your serving dish, or like me on your serving spoon.
7. Mix the mayonnaise and horseradish in a bowl, and spread onto the bread
8. Slice the steak into thin strips and place on top of the mayo
9. If using top with peppery baby leaf lettuce, and you are ready to serve!