1lb lean meat of your choice
1 medium leek, chopped small or very thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Heinz Tomato Ketchup
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
2 large eggs, beaten
4 slices gluten free bread with or without crusts to your preference, crumbed
1 grated carrot
1 grated uncooked beetroot
3oz grated cheese of your choice
1 grated apple
2oz dried mixed fruit (optional)
- Serves: 4
- Cooking Time: 25 - 30 minutes
- Great for vegetarians too!
- Heat the oven at 190°C
- Mix the mince, leek, bread crumbs, herbs, carrot, beetroot, grated cheese, apple and mixed fruit - if using - in a large mixing bowl. Add Heinz Tomato Ketchup and beaten eggs and mix thoroughly
- Spoon into a greased loaf tin, can be lined with greaseproof paper, and spread evenly in the tin. Silicon loaf "tins" can be used
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until it is crispy but not burnt on the top. The time will depend on the oven you are using. Can be served hot or cold.
Serve with mash and veg, rice and veg or a salad. Ideal for a picnic too if sliced before you leave home. This recipe changes each time you make it as you can add different ingredients. Ideal if you have trouble getting your children to eat fruit and vegetables. This is suitable for everyone even vegetarians as you can get vegetarian mince.