1 head of Romaine or Cos Lettuce, washed and roughly torn into small pieces
About 50g of parmesan cheese
20g finely grated for the dressing and the rest made into thicker shavings with a potato peeler
12 anchovy fillets (2 for the dressing, the rest chopped in half for the salad)
2 slices bread – whatever you have left is fine. Remove the crust then cut into 1cm cubes to make croutons
2 tbsp olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cooked thoroughly, cooled and refrigerated then chopped into roughly 1/2cm cubes
8 rashers streaky bacon, cooked until crispy, cooled then broken into shards
1 clove garlic, minced
1.5 tbsp cider or white wine vinegar
- Serves: 20 spoon size servings
1. Make the Caesar dressing firstly by putting the mayonnaise, minced garlic, 2 of the anchovies the 20g of finely grated parmesan and the vinegar in a blender and whizz for about 30 seconds.
2. Pop the cubes of bread on a preheated baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook at about 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
3. Put the cut up chicken in a bowl and mix with the Caesar dressing, keeping some to drizzle over the top of the spoons if you wish.
4. You are now ready to assemble your masterpieces – pop onto the spoons a piece of lettuce, small amount of the cut up chicken in dressing and a parmesan shaving then top off with a little morsel of anchovy, a crouton and a shard of the bacon. Drizzle more sauce over the top if you chose to reserve some!