For the baked eggs
1 portobello mushroom
1 plum tomato
2 rashers of thick smoked bacon
2 tbsp of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
A glug of oil
1 sprig of thyme
4 medium eggs
6 tbsp of double cream
For the Bloody Mary
Passata (500ml, fridge cold)
4 tbsp of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp of celery salt
4 shots of vodka
- Serves: 2
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC & Place two glasses in the freezer to get really cold.
- Dice the mushrooms, tomato and bacon, removing any excessive rind or fat.
- Scatter the tomatoes into the bottom of two shallow, ovenproof dishes and sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat a frying pan and glug in a little oil.
- Add the bacon into the frying pan and brown well before adding the mushrooms.
- Fry until the bacon is crisp and the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Splash in the other tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce and remove from the heat.
- Spoon the bacon and mushrooms over the tomatoes, then pick the thyme leaves and scatter over as well.
- Crack 2 eggs into each dish carefully, trying to keep the yolks central and whole, whilst covering the dish with the whites.
- Spoon over 3 tbsp of double cream into each dish and season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the whites are just set.
- Pour the passata into a bowl, then add the 4 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and vodka.
- Stir the mixture well before placing it in the freezer until you are ready to pour.
- Remove the baked eggs from the oven and serve immediately with the ice cold Bloody Mary in the chilled glasses!