150g medium potatoes, scrubbed, left whole
4 slices streaky bacon, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 can Heinz Beanz
Pinch chilli flakes, or to taste
20g cheddar cheese
- Serves: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6.
2. Bring the potatoes to the boil in water and cook for 10-12 minutes until a knife inserted comes out easily.
3. Drain and cool then slice into 1cm thick rounds.
4. Heat a large non-stick oven proof frying pan and cook the bacon until the fat has rendered down and it has started to crisp up.
5. Add the sliced potatoes and the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
6. Take off the heat then mix in the beans, chilli flakes, spinach and plenty of black pepper.
7. Pour the mixture into a large oven dish or tray and make 4 small indents with the back of a spoon then crack the eggs into them.
8. Grate over the cheddar cheese and cover with foil then bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the whites have set.